— Masked Evening
Initiated by Dr. Jean-Paul Bahary in 2015, this colorful signature event is distinguished by its most unique immersive experience. This evening has the originality of changing the theme and research project for each of its editions.
Support the funding of cancer research
7th EDITION OF THE MASKED EVENING
The 7th edition of the Masked Evening took place on November 11 at La TOHU. The event offered an unusual theme, transporting guests into the colorful pastel world of the 80s. Over $160,000 was raised during the evening.
Since 2015, more than $ 624,000 has been invested in research projects and the purchase of specialized equipment.
Review of funded projects:
- 2023 : Proceeds went to support a research program in artificial intelligence to improve the care of cancer patients. They enabled the purchase of servers to help predict cancer response, personalize treatments and reduce side effects, in ENT, lung, digestive, prostate and brain cancers.
- 2022 : Funds were raised for brain cancer research.
- 2019 : Funds were raised for research on glioblastoma, a malignant brain tumor.
- 2018: The establishment of a new research program that examines the importance of interactions between lymphoma and the environment present in the lymph nodes on the function of immune cells, in relation to the response to treatment. It will support the development of new treatments for lymphoma.
- 2017: The acquisition of a device that allows you to view cells cultured in the laboratory in real time and to monitor their behavior in the face of new treatments.
- 2016: A clinical and basic research project that revolves around a cohort of adults in remission struggling with side effects following treatment for cancer received at a young age.
- 2015: Purchase of advanced cancer tumor analysis equipment to refine diagnosis and predict response to treatment.
2023 Campaign cabinet
- Annie-Claude Auger
- Caroline Cloutier
- Geneviève Pagé
- Houda Bahig
- Pierre Nollet
- Jean-Paul Bahary
- Marie-Andrée Côté
- Nadia Paquet
- Claudia Pharand
- Salomé Corbo
- Suhad Tantawi
Thanks to our partners
Major donor of the evening
- Group of CHUM radiation oncologists
The scene is presented by
Product and service partners