- Medicine Doctor
- Fellow of the Royal College of Canada
- Chief, Department of Urology, CHUM
- Medical Director, Interdisciplinary Urology Oncology Group, CHUM
- Director, Prostate Cancer Research, CRCHUM / Research member, Institut du cancer de Montréal
- Full Professor, Department of Surgery, Université de Montréal
- Holder of the Raymond Garneau Chair in Prostate Cancer at the Université de Montréal
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Institut du cancer de Montréal
My research focuses on molecular prognostic markers, new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer and the multiple resistance mechanisms of cancer cells. In this context, we are evaluating the impact of autophagy, lipid metabolism and deregulation of the interferon pathway in prostate cancer progression and in resistance to new generation therapies such as PARP inhibitors or second generation anti-androgenic treatments (enzalutamide, abiraterone).
- Adriana Orimoto, Research Assistant
- Alexandria Aubourg, Research Coordinator
- Amine (Mohamed) Lounis, Post-doctoral fellow
- Benjamin Péant, Research Associate
- Chantale Auger, Research Assistant
- Christine Caron, Research Assistant
- Claudia Syed, Research Assistant
- Geneviève Cormier, Research Assistant
- Kayla Simeone, PHD Student
- Kim Leclerc-Desaulniers, Animal Health Technician
- Manon de Ladurantaye, Research Assistant
- Maxime Cahuzac, PHD Student
- Mélanie Morin, Research Assistant
- Nathalie Delvoye, Research Assistant
- Renée Bernatchez, Research Assistant
- Sophie Gilbert, M. Sc. Student
- Sylvie Clairefond, M. Sc. Student
- Véronique Ouellet, Research Associate
- Shore ND, Saad F, Cookson MS, George DJ, Saltzstein DR, Tutrone R, Akaza H, Bossi A, van Veenhuyzen DF, Selby B, Fan X, Kang V, Walling J, Tombal B; HERO Study Investigators. Oral Relugolix for Androgen-Deprivation Therapy in Advanced Prostate Cancer.
N Engl J Med. 2020 Jun 4;382(23):2187-2196.
- Sternberg CN, Fizazi K, Saad F, Shore ND, De Giorgi U, Penson DF, Ferreira U, Efstathiou E, Madziarska K, Kolinsky MP, Cubero DIG, Noerby B, Zohren F, Lin X, Modelska K, Sugg J, Steinberg J, Hussain M; PROSPER Investigators. Enzalutamide and Survival in Nonmetastatic, Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2020 Jun 4;382(23):2197-2206.
- Hussain M, Mateo J, Fizazi K, Saad F, Shore N, Sandhu S, Chi KN, Sartor O, Agarwal N, Olmos D, Thiery-Vuillemin A, Twardowski P, Roubaud G, Özgüroğlu M, Kang J, Burgents J, Gresty C, Corcoran C, Adelman CA, de Bono J; PROfound Trial Investigators. Survival with Olaparib in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2020 Sep 20.
- Clairefond S, Péant B, Ouellet V, Barrès V, Tian Z, Trudel D, Karakiewicz PI, Mes-Masson AM, Saad F. PUMA and NOXA Expression in Tumor-Associated Benign Prostatic Epithelial Cells Are Predictive of Prostate Cancer Biochemical Recurrence. Cancers (Basel). 2020 Oct 29;12(11):E3187.
- Lounis MA, Péant B, Leclerc-Desaulniers K, Ganguli D, Daneault C, Ruiz M, Zoubeidi A, Mes-Masson AM, Saad F. Modulation of de Novo Lipogenesis Improves Response to Enzalutamide Treatment in Prostate Cancer. Cancers (Basel). 2020 Nov 11;12(11):E3339.
Email Address for application
A member of several editorial boards of prestigious journals (including Lancet Oncology, JAMA Oncology and Nature Urology), Dr. Saad has published over 600 scientific papers and has been invited to speak over 300 times. With an H-factor of 124 and over 75,000 citations, he is one of the most cited scientists in the world. He is the co-editor of several books, including “Understanding Prostate Cancer”, and is currently leading more than 40 clinical and basic research projects.