- Medicine Doctor
- Fellow of the Royal College of Canada
- Chief, Department of Urology, CHUM
- Medical Director, Interdisciplinary Urology Oncology Group, CHUM
- Director, Prostate Cancer Research, CRCHUM / Research member, Montreal Cancer Institute
- Full Professor, Department of Surgery, Université de Montréal
- Holder of the Raymond Garneau Chair in Prostate Cancer at the Université de Montréal
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Montreal Cancer Institute
My research focuses on molecular prognostic markers, new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer and the multiple resistance mechanisms of cancer cells. In this context, we are evaluating the impact of autophagy, lipid metabolism and deregulation of the interferon pathway in prostate cancer progression and in resistance to new generation therapies such as PARP inhibitors or second generation anti-androgenic treatments (enzalutamide, abiraterone).
- Adriana Orimoto, Research Assistant
- Alexandria Aubourg, Research Coordinator
- Amine (Mohamed) Lounis, Post-doctoral fellow
- Benjamin Péant, Research Associate
- Chantale Auger, Research Assistant
- Christine Caron, Research Assistant
- Claudia Syed, Research Assistant
- Geneviève Cormier, Research Assistant
- Kayla Simeone, PHD Student
- Kim Leclerc-Desaulniers, Animal Health Technician
- Manon de Ladurantaye, Research Assistant
- Maxime Cahuzac, PHD Student
- Mélanie Morin, Research Assistant
- Nathalie Delvoye, Research Assistant
- Renée Bernatchez, Research Assistant
- Sophie Gilbert, M. Sc. Student
- Sylvie Clairefond, M. Sc. Student
- Véronique Ouellet, Research Associate
- Shore ND, Saad F, Cookson MS, George DJ, Saltzstein DR, Tutrone R, Akaza H, Bossi A, van Veenhuyzen DF, Selby B, Fan X, Kang V, Walling J, Tombal B; HERO Study Investigators. Oral Relugolix for Androgen-Deprivation Therapy in Advanced Prostate Cancer.
N Engl J Med. 2020 Jun 4;382(23):2187-2196.
- Sternberg CN, Fizazi K, Saad F, Shore ND, De Giorgi U, Penson DF, Ferreira U, Efstathiou E, Madziarska K, Kolinsky MP, Cubero DIG, Noerby B, Zohren F, Lin X, Modelska K, Sugg J, Steinberg J, Hussain M; PROSPER Investigators. Enzalutamide and Survival in Nonmetastatic, Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2020 Jun 4;382(23):2197-2206.
- Hussain M, Mateo J, Fizazi K, Saad F, Shore N, Sandhu S, Chi KN, Sartor O, Agarwal N, Olmos D, Thiery-Vuillemin A, Twardowski P, Roubaud G, Özgüroğlu M, Kang J, Burgents J, Gresty C, Corcoran C, Adelman CA, de Bono J; PROfound Trial Investigators. Survival with Olaparib in Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. N Engl J Med. 2020 Sep 20.
- Clairefond S, Péant B, Ouellet V, Barrès V, Tian Z, Trudel D, Karakiewicz PI, Mes-Masson AM, Saad F. PUMA and NOXA Expression in Tumor-Associated Benign Prostatic Epithelial Cells Are Predictive of Prostate Cancer Biochemical Recurrence. Cancers (Basel). 2020 Oct 29;12(11):E3187.
- Lounis MA, Péant B, Leclerc-Desaulniers K, Ganguli D, Daneault C, Ruiz M, Zoubeidi A, Mes-Masson AM, Saad F. Modulation of de Novo Lipogenesis Improves Response to Enzalutamide Treatment in Prostate Cancer. Cancers (Basel). 2020 Nov 11;12(11):E3339.
Email Address for application
Fred Saad is professor and chairman of urology, director of G-U Oncology, and holds the Raymond Garneau chair in prostate cancer research at the University of Montreal. He has played a leadership role in many of the practice changing clinical trials in advanced prostate cancer over the last 25 years. With over 900 publications, a h-index of 144 and over 100,000 citations, he is one of the world’s most cited scientists. Prof. Saad’s research interests include novel therapeutics in prostate cancer and molecular prognostic markers and has received over 40 million dollars in research grants. Due to his contributions to the field, he received several honors including the Distinguished Contribution Award of the AUA, was inducted as a fellow of the Canadian academy of health sciences and was named a knight of the National Order of Quebec, the highest honor given by the Quebec government.