- Doctorate (PhD)
- Researcher – Centre de recherche du Centre hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CRCHUM) – Cancer Axis
- Research member – Montreal Cancer Institute
- Assistant Director of Basic and Translational Research – CRCHUM
- Professor titulaire – Department of Medicine (primary affiliation) and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (secondary affiliation), Université de Montréal
- Director – Quebec Node Leader, Terry Fox Research Institute
- Director – Réseau de recherche sur le cancer – Fonds de la recherche en santé du Québec (FRQS)
In addition to her pioneering work in biobanking, her research over the past three decades has focused on ovarian, breast and prostate cancers. While maintaining an active basic research program focusing on the molecular events contributing to cancer initiation and progression, Anne-Marie Mes-Masson has also established a translational research program largely focused on the development of personalized medicine in oncology. Recently, her basic research has focused on the prediction of patients’ therapeutic responses and the development of new therapeutic agents for ovarian and breast cancers.
- Adriana Orimoto, Research Assistant
- Alexandre Sauriol, PhD Student
- Alexandria Aubourg, Research Coordinator
- Amine (Mohamed) Lounis, Post-doctoral fellow
- Benjamin Péant, Research Associate
- Cecilia Vargas, Research Assistant
- Chantale Auger, Research Assistant
- Christine Caron, Research Assistant
- Claudia Syed, Research Assistant
- Euridice Carmona, Research Associate
- Geneviève Cormier, Research Assistant
- Jennifer Kendall-Dupont, Research Assistant
- Kayla Simeone, PhD Student
- Kim Leclerc-Desaulniers, Animal Health Technician
- Kossay Zaoui, Research Assistant
- Laudine Desreumaux-Communal, Research Assistant
- Liliane Meunier, Research Assistant
- Lise Portelance, Research Assistant
- Manon de Ladurantaye, Research Assistant
- Maxime Cahuzac, PhD student
- Melica Nourmoussavi, MSc Student
- Mélanie Morin, Research Assistant
- Nathalie Delvoye, Research Assistant
- Nicolas Luc, Computer specialist
- Ousmane Diallo, Computer specialist
- Renée Bernatchez, Research Assistant
- Sophie Gilbert, PhD student
- Sylvie Clairefond, M. Sc. student
- Véronique Barrès, Research Assistant
- Véronique Ouellet, Research Associate
- Yaser Naderi, Computer specialist
- Zied Boudhraa, Post-doctoral fellow
- Fleury H, Malaquin N, Tu V, Gilbert S, Martinez A, Olivier MA, Sauriol A, Communal L, Leclerc-Desaulniers K, Carmona E, Provencher D, Mes-Masson AM, Rodier F. Exploiting interconnected synthetic lethal interactions between PARP inhibition and cancer cell reversible senescence. Nat Commun. 2019 Jun 11;10(1):2556.
- Zaoui K, Boudhraa Z, Khalifé P, Carmona E, Provencher D, Mes-Masson AM. Ran promotes membrane targeting and stabilization of RhoA to orchestrate ovarian cancer cell invasion. Nat Commun. 2019 Jun 17;10(1):2666.
- Boudhraa Z, Carmona E, Provencher D, Mes-Masson AM. Ran GTPase: A Key Player in Tumor Progression and Metastasis. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2020 May 26;8:345.
- Clairefond S, Péant B, Ouellet V, Barrès V, Tian Z, Trudel D, Karakiewicz PI, Mes-Masson AM, Saad F. PUMA and NOXA Expression in Tumor-Associated Benign Prostatic Epithelial Cells Are Predictive of Prostate Cancer Biochemical Recurrence. Cancers (Basel). 2020 Oct 29;12(11):E3187.
- Lounis MA, Péant B, Leclerc-Desaulniers K, Ganguli D, Daneault C, Ruiz M, Zoubeidi A, Mes-Masson AM, Saad F. Modulation of de Novo Lipogenesis Improves Response to Enzalutamide Treatment in Prostate Cancer. Cancers (Basel). 2020 Nov 11;12(11):E3339.
Dr. Mes-Masson trained as a molecular oncologist and obtained her PhD from the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at McGill University in 1984. From 1984 to 1986, she completed postdoctoral studies in the laboratory of Dr. Owen Witte at the Molecular Biology Institute of the University of California at Los Angeles, during which she was the first to clone the full-length transcript of the BCR-ABL protein involved in chronic myeloid leukemia. After a short period as a research associate at the Biotechnology Research Institute, Dr. Mes-Masson joined the Institut du cancer de Montréal and the Department of Medicine of the Université de Montréal in 1989. A full professor since 2001, she was the Scientific Director of the Institut du cancer de Montréal and Director of Cancer Research at the Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal (CRCHUM) from 2003 to 2018. In 2017, she accepted the position of Associate Director of Basic and Translational Research at the CRCHUM.